Did you mean: 

Cancel recurring card payment

Nicky342
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Community

I have a problem with my rolling plan - o2 have taken the money but didn't renew the plan, so I have no tariff and I am out of pocket.  The o2 helpline staff have been zero help - up to five calls now but all they want to do is sell me more products.

Does anyone know how I can do the following as I have now lost faith in the company!

1. You can cancel your recurring card payment authorisation by giving notice to us in accordance with our standard Pay As You Go Service Terms. 

I have checked the standard terms and I can't find where/how/who to notify - does anyone have an email or physical address to contact about this?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Nicky342 

There is no email address, and the address is on the contact us page if you want to write to them.. 

You should also be able to contact your bank, to block the transactions.. 

I will say there are known issues with the rolling plan renewals, and CS Should be aware (whether they have comprehended is another question). 

All we can suggest is perserving with customer services on 4445

Unfortunately the upselling thing is part of the Virgin Ethos, just politely tell them to whistle if they try the upsell.. 

You can also instigate a chargeback with your bank, for the non provision of service.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Nicky342
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for responding madasaf1sh 

Honestly, they have been driving me mad.  Yesterday one guy nearly reduced me to tears with his rudeness - I asked why they had cancelled my plan when my bank had confirmed to me that they had taken my payment but he tried to tell me I was mistaken and all rolling plans had to be paid by logging in every month and making a credit card payment.  All he kept saying was "lady, have you even read your contract?  I do not need to answer your foolish questions, I bet you haven't even read your contract!" 

All but one operator denied knowledge of a problem with the rolling plans, they just kept saying it was my error somehow.  And even the one guy who admitted o2 do have a problem still just tried to upsell.

If I just request a PAC and leave for another provider, do you know if that will cancel everything, including my recurring card payment?  I am done with o2!

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Nicky342 wrote:

If I just request a PAC and leave for another provider, do you know if that will cancel everything, including my recurring card payment?  I am done with o2!

@Nicky342 

I am not sure of the answer to that question - maybe @MI5@madasaf1sh or @jonsie might be able to help ?  

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions