Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada & USA

Cobbler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 pay as you go. I am going to Canada & Alaska USA. I don't want to end up with massive charges.

I don,t want to make long distance calls. Perhaps jus a few local ones.

If I leave roaming on will I be switched to a supplier with call charges similar to O2. Or just expensive charges.

I would like to take advantage of free Wi fi when available, Will this still be uncharged data.

I mainly want the phone as a camera a camera, If it is questionable what charges I will get, will turning off roaming & data protect me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Take a read of this, @Cobbler - come back if you still have questions: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Message 2 of 5

Cobbler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on Facebook, not the others. The link did not take me to a responce. A search for O2 did not help.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6504 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

As you are on PAYG there are no travel bolt ons for the USA and Canada. Both making and receiving calls would be very expensive. 

You are best off using local WiFi and a VOIP application like WhatsApp 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@Cobbler wrote:

I am on Facebook, not the others. The link did not take me to a responce. A search for O2 did not help.

Sorry, did the link to the guide I gave above not work, @Cobbler?

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide is the correct link, but from a browser on PC or mobile to the website: https://community.o2.co.uk.

Contacting O2 via Facebook should work from the Facebook link beneath the (f) Logo shown just below, if that is what you are trying to do. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5