Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't return call to international number

Kk2906
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm unable to call my friend on their Australian mobile. They can call me but when I press call back from my recent call list it doesn't connect.

I can call other Australian numbers. They have checked that I'm not blocked etc on their end.

I am on a £15 rolling plan with 100 international minutes. I don't have a spend cap as I've already called customer service and they seem no reason why I can't make the call.

Ant help is appreciated 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Kk2906 Check that you have the right country code in the prefix. If you and your friend in Australia download WhatsApp you can call each other over a WiFi connection for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Kk2906 

Does it connect if you dial the number manually rather than from your call list?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

Kk2906
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Yeah I have the right country code. They have limited data so we'd hoped to be able to have normal phone calls 

Message 4 of 9

Kk2906
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not. I'm going to try calling on a different SIM to see if it's a them or a me problem 

Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Kk2906 wrote:

Unfortunately not. I'm going to try calling on a different SIM to see if it's a them or a me problem 

Please let us know how you get on @Kk2906 ! 👍

Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Kk2906 

Daft thought but do you also have credit on your sim, as if you go over the 100 minutes you will need to pay for the calls as o2 wont just cut you off, so it wont let you call unless you have some credit available on the phone..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Kk2906
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate your brainstorming, thanks. I have £12 credit which I thought would've been enough 

Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Kk2906 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I have the right country code. They have limited data so we'd hoped to be able to have normal phone calls 

@Kk2906 As I said in an earlier post, if you both download WhatsApp you can call over a WiFi connection for free. You don't need data. You can also call if you both have Skype or you can use Facebook Messenger. Plenty of ways to communicate without costing you anything.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9