Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls when I'm at work

ElSturge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all, I was hoping someone could shed some light on an issue I am having. So basically, if I  am in or around my work building and call someone or someone tries to call me, all my signal and internet just drops and I've either got to reset my phone or toggle airplane mode on and off just to get my 4G/5G back. Anywhere else, it works absolutely fine, it's just at my place of work. I find it strange that it's only at work and the O2 coverage at my workplace seems to be fine. I have reset my network settings on my phone but that hasn't solved my issue unfortunately. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

ElSturge
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried the majority of the steps, will have to try another SIM in this phone and see if that changes anything 

Message 3 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ElSturge 

Building construction can have adverse effects of mobile signals.

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 25

ElSturge
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not aware of any construction around my workplace, but I have toggled between the different bands before. Like I primarily use 4G even though I have 5G available because to me, I find 4G more reliable, but neither allow calls at work

Message 5 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@ElSturge 

By construction it means buildings, and other infrastructure, that may be interfering with the mobile signal. And usually metal and concrete are the main absorbers of Radio Waves along with glass and wood. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 25

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

I meet with a group in Liverpool Town Centre. All networks have good 4G and 5G signal, but that drops outside the building. There is no signal at all inside.

Vodafone 3G used to be the only one that worked but they have closed down their 3G network 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Use wifi calling if you can @ElSturge 

Details in the guide I posted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

ElSturge
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My P7P is missing that setting for some reason, but I have changed a few settings so we'll see if that has any change when I'm at work tomorrow 

Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ElSturge 

Works fine on my P7P.

You may need to ask O2 to enable wifi calling on your account first.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25