Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t call while abroad in Spain

Mario12355
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m in Spain and I can’t receive calls and messages have only internet can’t change the provider as is only one available the rest don’t give me a single. Have all switched on and paid up to date. I was switching my phone and removing the card also cleaning the card still no luck. And also spend 5hour on customer service from different phone. For the is all fine 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Which provider. Some have shut down 3G and as your PAYG phone uses 3G to make and receive calls there may be problems with the phone not dropping to 2G to call and receive

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Mario12355 

Do a manual search and try different networks even if they say forbidden, as this is irrelevant when abroad.

Also see if you can manually select 2g network mode for making calls.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Mario12355
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I checked all G and no results also switched of the phone after each change still the same 

Message 4 of 8

Mario12355
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is not the solution sorry it’s looking like is only one provider Movistar. You can’t change it they simply don’t work 

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Mario12355 

Never has any issue changing from Movistar in Spain to Vodafone ES or Yoigo... (just checked some of our roaming o2 handsets and there are 4 or 5 on Vodafone ES in Spain)..

If Only Movistar is showing it could be a localised issue in the local area... Network coverage overseas is not guaranteed, and nor can o2 control the overseas network..

There is nothing anyone else can do it assist.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

Mario12355
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have Spanish phone and have Vodafone working perfectly fine. Just is the problem on 02 to work. I change to other and waiting no signal is showing when switching 

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

You said earlier you has signal and data... 

Now you are saying when you manually switch back to Movistar then you get no signal... 

Ring o2 again... as I said it could be a local network issue, or it could be a sim card issue... none of which we can resolve on this CUSTOMER TO CUSTOMER FORUM

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8