cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer text messages from old phone to new phone?

RachG1705
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on Pay as you go and I am hoping to get a new sim free new phone. I wondered if it is possible though to keep all of my text messages, pictures (pictures which are on the phone, as I have a micro SD card which I'll put into said new phone) and contacts. Text messages more importantly as i have some very important ones. I currently have a Nokia Lumia 620 (pretty old) and possibly looking at getting a Motorola C Plus or a LG K4.

I hope you can help.

I'll have to go into an O2 store anyway as I'll need a Nano sim (can O2 transfer from Micro sim to nano sim? In store)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can do you sim swap in store and as long as you have everything saved in your sd card, just put it in your new phone to see everything on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can do you sim swap in store and as long as you have everything saved in your sd card, just put it in your new phone to see everything on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is a guide here to backing up your contacts and messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdtips/backup-contacts-and-messages-... and your photos can just be copied directly to the sd card.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @RachG1705, it would be lovely to hear how you're getting on with this. Did you manage to transfer everything to the new phone if you got one already? slight_smile

Message 4 of 4