Did you mean: 

Calls not working while in roaming

Helder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a really strange problem.

I switched to pay as you go mid November and everything was working, calls and mobile data.

One week ago, on Nov 30th, I travelled to Portugal and when I landed, the SIM card registered on Portuguese network and immediately had access to mobile internet (no configurations needed, everything was set to automatic).

One week later, mobile internet still works quite well, but it is impossible to do any phone calls! No even to O2 support number or even O2 voice mail. In the moment I dial any number, the call immediately ends, without getting any ringing tone.
I'm not really sure what to do. The chat service is not availabe for Pay as You Go and I can't do any call to O2 Support from my phone.

I called O2 Support from a landline in Portugual, which was very expensive, but after going through the usual stuff (switch network operators manually), nothing worked. The lady on the phone even tried to call to my phone and went straight to voice mail (which I can't access).

After all of this, she told me that she was forwarding my case to technical support and I believe they tried to call me, but I can't receive calls (as the support lady was able to confirm)

I tried to leave an alternative number (portuguese number) for technical support to contact me, but the system didn't allow that and then I requested to be contacted by email, which no one did.

I tried to go to different places, in different towns, to make sure it was not a problem with the local antena but no success

I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to call support again using a portuguese landline to go through the whole process again and end up with the same "expect a contact from technical team really soon" which wont work because I can't receive calls.

I'm planning to stay in Portugal till the end of December.

Any ideas? What else can I do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Helder 

You can call O2 free with Skype, if you follow the advice in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit