Did you mean: 

Auto top up

Ermintrude
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi 

I set the auto top up for the £10 big bundle up Last month.

Im just wondering what time of day does the auto top normally appear on your phone?

The allowance finished at midnight and I have just been told by the online chat guys that it’s early in the morning still and won’t be done till between 9 and 10.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You would expect it to start working from midnight so that your phone was always useable.
I wouldn’t be confident that it has worked if not topped up by now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It should be immediate as its automatically generated. If not give CS a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Other ways to top up here if having difficulties in the interim. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Scroll to PAYG

(Edited for spelling!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Ermintrude
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks.  It was topped up by 930 this morning but I thought it would’ve been done first thing just after midnight.  We don’t all have office job working 8-4 in the middle of a city.  Hopefully, it will be done earlier next month.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Another bizarre o2 quirk !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ermintrude wrote:

Thanks.  It was topped up by 930 this morning but I thought it would’ve been done first thing just after midnight.  We don’t all have office job working 8-4 in the middle of a city.  Hopefully, it will be done earlier next month.

Thanks for reporting back @Ermintrude I agree it should have happened more quickly than that.

As you say not everyone works 8-4pm. In fact I have never worked those hours. My job required shift work. Earlies, Lates and Nights.....so thats not good for people working 'out of normal hours'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Ermintrude
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Especially with the recent weather. Your working till midnight get stuck in the snow or worse and you can’t call for help because o2 leave you with no allowance for 10 hours.

How many people have set it up for there kids? The kids leave for school at 0730, 0800 or have a paper round and need to get in touch with home.  

Suppose that o2 will have a clause somewhere that says they only agree to top it up on that day.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Martin-O2 any idea on the rationale behind this at all?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5@Ermintrude I can certainly ask if there's a specific reason the topups are applied at that time. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 11

Ermintrude
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Thanks. I’ll keep an eye out.

Message 10 of 11