Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 shortcode 2424

Alanjones
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Had a text off 02 to get 1gb data and 100 mins for 14 days for £1, to text surfplus to 2424. Have done this. Text comes back as not sent. Have sent a standard text to a friend and it works fine. Any answers please thanks.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi Alan,

I'm not too sure why that's not working for you. 

I recommend reaching out to us on live chat to find out what's causing this, or call our team on 03448090222. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi Alan,

I'm not too sure why that's not working for you. 

I recommend reaching out to us on live chat to find out what's causing this, or call our team on 03448090222. 

Message 2 of 6

Alanjones
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you. I will give them a call
Message 3 of 6

Alanjones
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have rung 02,they cundnt explain why texts were not sending,but have added the 1gb and 100 mins while i was talking to them,and extended the time to a month instead of 14 days, happy with that
Message 4 of 6

Alanjones
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Further to shortcodes not sending in my samsung s10e. The 02 sim was in the sim 2 slot,so i swopped it over into sim 1 slot to see if it would send. Still no shortcode text sending. So i put the 02 sim in my spare samsung s7 to try it in that. Shortcodes work again now. I have checked text message settings in both phones,and they are identical,including the message centre number. Is there a extra setting on the s10e i must be missing? Help appreaciated. Ta
Message 5 of 6

error
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just come across this same issue on my Moto G6, but there was a message about enabling Premium SMS messaging in the phone settings. I presume that the phone classifies all short codes as premium numbers and so warns that there 'may' be premium charges. I set this to ask me each time, and it went through fine then.

Message 6 of 6