cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanting to share my bad experience

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am writing with regards to poor customer service which we have received from o2 business.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
Our contract is only a small one with five sims on it
The contract expired in August however I had been waiting for the new iPhone to come out before upgrading.
I became aware o2 were not offering a pre order service after speaking to a customer service representative.
However was told to ring up on the day and order one but was unable to get unable to get through on the phone.
So decided rather than making the journey into Hull city centre only to be told I could not upgrade in store as a business customer, I would e-mail o2 business customer services, and received a response from SMB Customer Service:
"Hi Kevin
Thanks for your email.
Yes, You can upgrade your phone in O2 shops, Carphone Warehouse, Best
Buy, Phones4U and Apple stores. You can find your nearest O2 store by
visiting the link below:
http://classic.multimap.com/share/o2/
You can find more information on how to purchase the above iPhone by
clicking here:
http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/topfaqs/
You're eligible to upgrade the below mobile numbers on your account:
I have omitted our phone numbers
I decided that although I didn't really want to go into town I would as I could park near a carphone warehouse and go in and upgrade (who I rang to check they had stock before hand)
Upon arrival at car phone warehouse I was told they had stock, but they were unable to let me upgrade as they don't deal with business customers but they pointed me in the direction of an o2 shop.
On my way I walked past a phones4u store, so called in there, however they informed me they also cannot upgrade o2 business customers (obviously I was given the wrong information by business customer services).
So I carried onto the o2 shop, who had the model I wanted in store (32gb white iPhone 4s) however, I was told that despite me having a photo driving id and it being my name on the account, they could not upgrade me in store as I did not have a copy of my bank statement. Which I said was ridiculous, as I had photo id and the phone on me, but they wouldn't shift, I also showed the email o2 had sent me which said no where that I needed a bank statement with me.
Obviously I was pretty annoyed at this point having wasted hours of my day plus petrol/parking etc.
So rang up o2 customer services, after 50 mins in a que I spoke to someone who explained all this to me, who said despite my problems it wasn't worth me going back with a bank statement etc, I would need a micro sim anyway and she would order me the phone and micro sim to be sent out on a courier which would be with me most likely the next day as they still had stock and if not by the end of the week, and they would also knock a months line rental off the main phone on the contract which I said was acceptable.
I got a text with a reference (3025449) - 17th of October.
A week passed so I phoned up o2 and after nearly an hour waiting, spoke to someone who said no she was wrong to tell me that and that they had no stock, however! They would upgrade me the phone for free and as soon as they came in stock I would be informed by text that it had been despatched.
Nearly a month passed and I bumped into a friend last night who works in a phone shop, I was telling him about the poor customer service I had received from o2 business and he agreed o2 were a bit useless. However told me that they had loads of 4s's in and I should chase up o2.

So! I called o2 today and spoke to someone (didn’t even have to wait!) who told me…… My order had been cancelled!
Why I asked? Because I didn’t reply to the text saying "send" that was sent to me on the 17th of October.
I will quote the text sent on the 17th of October which reads as;
"O2: Thanks for your iPhone order. Your reference is 3025449. We'll keep you up to date and tell you when your order's ready to send out. If you want to cancel your order text CANCEL to 21502"
Now I did not text CANCEL to any number but more did I text SEND either.
Now how would I know to text the word SEND to that number when the text did not tell me to do so?!
I personally think I was been fobbed off today and that the reason the order got cancelled was an internal admin error, as I got a new order number today and the text was worded the same with a different order number (3147299)
It doesn’t say I have to reply with the word "SEND" however the lady on the phone said I needed to so I have done!
I am pretty appalled by o2's lack of customer service, and although I appreciate its not your fault, you can probably understand my frustration.
If I had known there was going to be these problems, ( orders been randomly cancelled, been given wrong information, rude shop staff etc.)
Then I would have cancelled my contract and moved to orange or t-mobile, however figured this wasn’t worth the hassle at the time, but baring in mind its not a month since I went in store to upgrade (based on o2's advice) and that I have probably wasted 12 hours of my life trying to upgrade a phone! I would like to know, when or (or if) I am ever likely to receive an upgrade as It seems likely to me the order is just going to be cancelled by some random computer system.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I ordered o2 2 4gs last week 8th and got the text with my order number then yesterday 14th got a second text saying we'er expecting etc with same order number and agai cancel to cancel order have you ever received that second text?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
nah, no second text, will ring them up every day i think to make sure they’ve not cancelled it again!
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
So rang up o2 today to make sure it had gone through as an order.
The girl yesterday said because their computer system had cancelled my order they would re order it and put me to the top of the list.
Spoke to the guy today who said that wasn’t the case, so i said why, and he said you only ordered it yesterday, and i said no i ordered it a month ago.
The attitude was that i didn’t even though I did and I never cancelled the order.
End result was I requested my PAC codes for the five sims.
Gonna move over to T-mobile tomorrow, what a nightmare, if I had just done that in the first place I would have an iphone by now no doubt instead of being forced to cancel my contract and all the hassle that goes with moving to another network!
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Just had my ready for dispatch message asking me to text send to confirm
then after sending send to the number in the text I received the confirmation out for del in 3 days.
So the system is working
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
and just to confirm 2 iphone 4s delivered this morning
Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 6