Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from business to consumer

janeymfitz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im now retired. My partner and I wish to keep our numbers but switch to consumer from business. Despite 25 years with O2 and having paid tens of thousands for all our employee contracts over the years, we are unable to switch. Because.........we don't pass the credit check !!! We have no debts, etc etc , and have the highest credit rating you can get. WE are unable to get an answer as to why we don't pass. We have contacted the credit check team...never heard a thing back. So we are on a monthly bundle which is expensive and not giving us the service we need or previously had. What do we do, am at wits end...retirement was never meant to be this stressful. Partner currently in The Netherlands due to sudden family bereavement and her phone wont work.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144470 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@janeymfitz 

Get your PAC and port out to a network that cares. 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

janeymfitz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

switching provider is not an option due to where i live and subsequent poor coverage from other

Message 3 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@janeymfitz Sky Mobile might be an option as they run on O2 for signal.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144470 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@janeymfitz 

Tesco mobile and giffgaff (payg) also run on O2 network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

janeymfitz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im just concerned that i fail the credit check with a new provider ,which has a negative ongoing effect. i need to find out why their refusing us. 

Message 6 of 11

janeymfitz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is there anyone 'who cares'?

Message 7 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@janeymfitz wrote:

is there anyone 'who cares'?

We are limited here as just customers. O2 never reveal their reasons 

There is a credit referals team

Unfortunately the team are only contactable by email

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23104 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@janeymfitz As far as I'm aware, O2 aren't obligated to tell you why you've failed the credit check. It was most likely computer generated, and something triggered whatever parameter they've put in. You can try speaking to customer service, but I doubt you'll get an answer you're happy with. You can also lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2 or you can use Resolver, who are independent: Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

janeymfitz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou, apparently having not enough credit that can be checked against can give you a problem. Essentially I need to acquire some debt!! Ill certainly email the above. Thanks again

Message 10 of 11