cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sick and tired of this company!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot be bothered with ringing up and talking to anybody else because it seems no-one knows what the hell is going on, i try to email the company but oh no they can't have a nice easy contact us they have to have 10'000 different options and none of them are any good to me!!

So after having a reply from the "mycare" (what a joke) email address informing me my email will not be replied to i come here looking for a simple way to contact my mobile operator.nope because they don't want you to contact them they want you to do it the way they want and no other way.

I really cannot be bothered to type out every thing again so i'm just going to copy and paste my email onto here and hope someone somewhere will see it and maybe just maybe i'll finally get the flaming unlatching code i've been tying to get for over a sodding month now

christ almighty how hard can it be if the guy in the local market can unlatch a phone in 5 minutes why the hell can't the company who it's latched to unlock it in less than a month!

oh and i was in a better mood when i sent the email!!!

Dear O2

I am slowly coming to the end of my tether trying to get the unlatching code for my samsung wave 723, as you will see from the original email i contacted your company on the 7/5/13 and was told it would take upto 10 days, when i eventually got the email i entered the 8 digit NCK code (which is all zeros as you can see) and it didn't work so i tried entering the MCK code 48186904 and that failed as well so i once again rang the help line

I spoke to a chap who told asked me to try both codes again whilst i was on the line, i did and again neither worked so he told me he would "elevate" the request and i should expect a reply with 7 days, after 10 days i gave up waiting and again rang the help line, this time i spoke to a young lady who i believe was called Stacy or Tracy?

She once again elevated the request and told me she would keep checking and would ring me back, she rang me yesterday (monday 10/06/13) and gave me a code, i had just woken up (i work night shifts) and quickly wrote the code down then repeated it back to the young lady, after having a coffee i tried the code in the phone.
Lo and behold it wouldn't work, i tried it 3 times and nope nothing it just kept telling me it was the wrong password AGAIN!!

Today out of desperation i have checked the original email to find your email address and then it hit me, the code the young lady gave me yesterday is the exact same code as the MCK code in the original email!

If i had known i was going to go through so much trouble and time wasting just to get a damn code i would never have stayed with the company when it changed from BTcellnet and i sure as hell would not have taken out any contracts!!

So once again i ask can i PLEASE have the CORRECT code for unlatching my samsung wave 723??

All information from the original email is below

Dear O2 Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The codes you require for IMEI No - 354067041864431 are as follows:-

Code 1 - 00000000 (NCK Code)

Code 2 - 48186904 (MCK Code)

Unlatching a Samsung device;

Insert another network active sim in the handset.
This should ask for a code.
Input 8 digit unlock code when requested.
NCK should be always used as Unlatching code and MCK should be only used
in the event that the phone freezes

Kind Regards
Back Office Support

Customers name
alan fawcett
Customers mobile number

Customers alternative contact number

Customers email address

IMEI number
Handset manufacturer
samsung
Handset model
wave 723 prato
Date of activation
22/11/2010
Where is the customer calling from
UK
Have you advised the customer that the unlatching code will take 7 days
Yes
Todays date
07/05/2013

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Use the complaint review service search in support do not use the popup chat window send a full email to them with the exact timeline of events. complaintreviewservice@o2.com is the email address to save you searching for it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Silly question, but are you sure the handset is locked? Zero's usually mean an open handset....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

the unlock code is supplied by the manufacturer so getting the same unlock code tends to point to it being the correct one. Do you get a different error message with the other network sim or is it simply asking you to input the unlock code?

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but people are trying to help you so less of the attitude, you have been given the codes, take these guys great advice & get your problem solved to your satisfaction

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI
I'm assuming it is locked as everytime i put in a voda, tesco, ee or asda sim it asks for the network code

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

It just tells me it's the wrong code and asks me to input the correct one, as i said in my original post the first unlock code they sent was 8 zero's which didn't work
The second code i was given as the unlock code (yesterday) was the same as the 2nd code from the original request which was listed as the MCK code and should only be used if the phone freezes up.

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

A Tesco sim will work in an O2 locked phone so it's something else that's locked out. Maybe it's got a SIM change lock set in the security settings?

Manual here might help.. http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201011/20101117175027796/GT-S7230E_UM_Hongkong_Eng_Rev....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be flaming you but my attutide is due to being messed around for over a month, every code i get is wrong, everytime i contact them i get told it will be elevated and then i have to sit around and wait hoping that the next code will be the right one.

My 11yr old daughter want's my phone, she doesn't want a new one even though we have offered to buy her an ace2, she wants my old one....and everytime i get a new code she gets excited.....and then i have to tell her it hasn't worked

I am on duty every night for 14hrs, i need to sleep during the day but instead i stay up and try to get the code to unlock the phone, i get very little sleep and then wake up ratty.....now can you understand why i have an attitude?

Oh and just to rest your mind, i don't want you thinking i am shouting at the staff who answer the calls because i don't, i disagree with that as i am intelligent enough to know they are a human not a machine and they are just doing their job.....THAT is why i have come on here and ranted instead of risking losing my temper with some poor sod who just happened to pick up the phone at the wrong time!

Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

To check lock status dial *#7465625#

If you get really desperate most market stalls can unlock this phone with 3G tool. Probably cost a tenner.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that, i'll have a look tomorrow when i get home as i'm on duty at the moment

The local market phone stall has said £15 to unlock it but whats aggrivating is the fact i'm having to pay for something that is free!

I appreciate your help

Message 10 of 22