cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sick and tired of this company!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot be bothered with ringing up and talking to anybody else because it seems no-one knows what the hell is going on, i try to email the company but oh no they can't have a nice easy contact us they have to have 10'000 different options and none of them are any good to me!!

So after having a reply from the "mycare" (what a joke) email address informing me my email will not be replied to i come here looking for a simple way to contact my mobile operator.nope because they don't want you to contact them they want you to do it the way they want and no other way.

I really cannot be bothered to type out every thing again so i'm just going to copy and paste my email onto here and hope someone somewhere will see it and maybe just maybe i'll finally get the flaming unlatching code i've been tying to get for over a sodding month now

christ almighty how hard can it be if the guy in the local market can unlatch a phone in 5 minutes why the hell can't the company who it's latched to unlock it in less than a month!

oh and i was in a better mood when i sent the email!!!

Dear O2

I am slowly coming to the end of my tether trying to get the unlatching code for my samsung wave 723, as you will see from the original email i contacted your company on the 7/5/13 and was told it would take upto 10 days, when i eventually got the email i entered the 8 digit NCK code (which is all zeros as you can see) and it didn't work so i tried entering the MCK code 48186904 and that failed as well so i once again rang the help line

I spoke to a chap who told asked me to try both codes again whilst i was on the line, i did and again neither worked so he told me he would "elevate" the request and i should expect a reply with 7 days, after 10 days i gave up waiting and again rang the help line, this time i spoke to a young lady who i believe was called Stacy or Tracy?

She once again elevated the request and told me she would keep checking and would ring me back, she rang me yesterday (monday 10/06/13) and gave me a code, i had just woken up (i work night shifts) and quickly wrote the code down then repeated it back to the young lady, after having a coffee i tried the code in the phone.
Lo and behold it wouldn't work, i tried it 3 times and nope nothing it just kept telling me it was the wrong password AGAIN!!

Today out of desperation i have checked the original email to find your email address and then it hit me, the code the young lady gave me yesterday is the exact same code as the MCK code in the original email!

If i had known i was going to go through so much trouble and time wasting just to get a damn code i would never have stayed with the company when it changed from BTcellnet and i sure as hell would not have taken out any contracts!!

So once again i ask can i PLEASE have the CORRECT code for unlatching my samsung wave 723??

All information from the original email is below

Dear O2 Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The codes you require for IMEI No - 354067041864431 are as follows:-

Code 1 - 00000000 (NCK Code)

Code 2 - 48186904 (MCK Code)

Unlatching a Samsung device;

Insert another network active sim in the handset.
This should ask for a code.
Input 8 digit unlock code when requested.
NCK should be always used as Unlatching code and MCK should be only used
in the event that the phone freezes

Kind Regards
Back Office Support

Customers name
alan fawcett
Customers mobile number

Customers alternative contact number

Customers email address

IMEI number
Handset manufacturer
samsung
Handset model
wave 723 prato
Date of activation
22/11/2010
Where is the customer calling from
UK
Have you advised the customer that the unlatching code will take 7 days
Yes
Todays date
07/05/2013

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

Why not submit the form again, one last time, just for a laugh wink
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning MI5, tried that coe to find out if the phone is locked to a network and it says "network lock on".

I emailed samsung on monday afternoon adn according to the email i have got back from them this morning

"Please note we do not lock any of our devices to any particular network. Some service providers may lock handsets to their own network, in order to ensure continued usage with them during the length of a user contract for example, which means only the service provider will have any unlock code for the handset."

So i'm even more confused now because Jonsie said it was the manufacturer who would have to supply the unlock/unlatching code??
Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
Alan, the usual process is that O2 request the unlock code from the manufacturer and I'm not aware they keep a data base of unlock codes themselves. The unlock code is related to the IMEI number and is stored on the phone (which can be interrogated with Samsungs 3G Tool software - this is how market stalls do it) a database of all network locks against IMEI numbers are usually stored by the manufacturers. The answer from Samsung was a polite "go away" as they have no authority from O2 to unlock the phone unless O2 request it.
I suggest now you send the unlock form in above, once more. If this fails to provide you with the correct code, take the phone to your local market and pay for the unlock. After this, claim the fee back from O2 by going through the complaints procedure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I filled in the request form agains this morning....just another "upto" 28 days sit around again now lol

If it doesn't work then i'll have no choice other than to go to the mobile chap in the market 😞
Good idea about tryiung to get the cost refunded from O2 though slight_smile
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
Let us know how you get on. As you are entitled to a free unlock it's only fair that you get it for free, one way or another wink

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bet you can't guess what i'm about to say!?

I've already had a reply for my unlatching request.........same numbers as the original and it still didn't work!!
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions
It's just ridiculous now.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally unacceptable

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should provide you with the correct info
Message 19 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Use the complaint review service search in support do not use the popup chat window send a full email to them with the exact timeline of events. complaintreviewservice@o2.com is the email address to save you searching for it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 22