cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 see fit to call you a liar :) and waste your time :)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, yet another disgraceful experience with o2. heres the email sent to o2 customer complaints slight_smile
happy reading.
(start)To whom it may concern,

I am writing in regards to a phone call made to o2 customer service technical dept (business) on 17th October 2011 at approx 5pm

I spoke to a customer adviser and informed them that I had ordered a replacement handset on the 14th or 16th of September, and DPD arrived with a sealed purple bag. I handed the driver my broken iphone 4 32gb black and got handed a brown sealed box with security tab (silver)
Upon opening the box I found no handset.
I phoned o2 customer service constantly from when the box arrived till now, and every time I have the issue resolved, or so I think, DPD comes to my door requesting a handset before he can give me the working one. This has happened on 3 or more occassions.
When I phoned o2 again on the 17th I spoke to a customer adviser who I think is called Khaled who informed me that my sim card (number ending in 44981) was used in the handset on that date and that I had used the handset, and called me a liar.
I got very very irrate at the customer service advisor and asked to speak to the supervisor, I then spoke to Lyndon.

Lyndon informed me of the same thing Khaled did and that no handset will ever be issued to me again. I informed Lyndon he was infact wrong, that I was not stupid and raised the following points.
1) i KNEW he could track the phone using the IMEI number of the phone.
2) I had not been using the iphone as i got an empty box
3) That I was using my blackberry torch for ages
4) I had a blackberry bolt on the account and not an iphone so I couldnt have used it.
5) tha I wish for the handset to be tracked and I was more than happy for the phone to be blacklisted (blocked) if he thought I had the handset.

Lyndon informed me he would be doing so and that I was in the wrong. I informed him that once I was proven right, which I would be, then I expect a full apology, an iphone 4 sent out to me via courier and monitary compensation.

I have been on the phone for numbers of hours, taken days of from my business to wait for the courier and been told literally hundreds of different lies.

Im fully aware that the handset could have gone wrong on o2s fault in these stages (1) the handset not being dispatched from the warehouse (2) the handset being taken or gone missing whilst in transit (3) that it may not have been correctly processed and returned (my broken handset)

I am completely outraged at being called a liar, and having my time wasted BEYOND ANY REASONSABLE LEVEL!

I WANT THIS MATTER RESOLVED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, A HANDSET DELIVERED TO MY DOOR, AND A FULL APOLOGY.

(end)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
is this a continuation of this ? viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68221
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

no its a new problem
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a recent experience with a complains advisor.
I had 3 contracts upgraded by a centre of excellence/partner with out my permission or Knowledge.
The advisor then said I would need to wait for up to 5 days while he asked for a copy of the contract from the partner, implying that there was a good chance I was lying and the contract would prove it.
I have a lot of experience of the cans and can nots of the industry, having worked in it for a period of time,
It must be very disappointing for you to have handset issues more than once with O2. Why stay with them?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I offer the following only for Information purposes, but the systems used by mobile networks do not merely track a phones IMEI number.
It also records the sim serial number of any sim cards put into the phone, and the time, date and location where this was in any given phone. The phone doesnt even have to be used, only to be turned on with the sim card inside it. I uncovered an insurance fraud attempt on another network that I worked for when someone had sold a phone just a couple of days after they had received it (and had their own sim in it), but they claimed the delivery never happened. I told him when his sim had been in the phone, what phone he was using instead since and also which sim and tel number was currently in the "missing" phone (another account in his own name). His grovelling apology and promise not to do it again if I didn't call the cops was actually pretty funny.
I am of course not saying any of this applies to your case, but I can see why they are taking that line with you. I cannot think of any circumstance where that info might be wrong, it never was in my time.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
100% with Beaufighter on this, as he has said, not only can o2 check the IMEI number but can check what sims have been used with that IMEI with what mobile numbers and also where you were when you put the sim in the phone, even if the phone has been used with a different mobile number o2 can tell and if that number is on your itemised bill they know you know the person using the phone, I dont think o2 are saying you're telling lies, just that they are right and you are wrong. grin
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

no its a new problem

You seem to have so many different handsets and also two exchange problems in such a short period of time. Either you are incredibly unlucky or there is something else going on here.
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86787 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5054 Solutions

no its a new problem

You seem to have so many different handsets and also two exchange problems in such a short period of time. Either you are incredibly unlucky or there is something else going on here.

Or some very 'iffy' friends.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
no its a new problem
Or some very 'iffy' friends.
Didn't see this before, looks like someone is trying to get one over on o2. Stupid really considering all the things they can check, looks like someone is going to get billed for not returning phones! How much are Blackberry torch's at cost nowadays??
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 can do all tests so if it goes to court they will just show the info they have judge will agree and dismiss it.
So if there is something you have done and think you can get away with it you cant o2 know everything about the phones they send out etc.
They have a very good fraud team.
Message 10 of 12