cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 UK Wi-Fi (BTOpenzone) - can't connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Im trying to connect to BTOpenzone (yes, ive got 4/5 signal from BTOpenzone and BTFon, unsecured) for last 5h.
Everytime im stuck on authentication process, CM shows connecting or auth and windows in this time automatically connect to BTOpenzone, and im redirected to openzone pay page. CM also makin something like TataraTmp wifi connection, but the same problem, when connected im gettin redirect to pay page.

Im using vista, latest CM and today new-buyed dongle + sim.

CM connected me to o2 wifi only once (i didnt know why haha) but anyway i cant go to any page only BT pay.

Im wasted 30pounds, im livin in chichester and ive got 0,2Mbits from dongle.... wifi doesnt work, CM says every 5 min about wifi avaible but its only joke i think...

also, i tried 2121 wifi... after 2-3h i dont get any msg about "mac reseted" or "register your laptop"....

shame on you o2.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
There are 3 types of wi-fi that show up as bt openzone and only one type is included
The genuine bt openzone that is included are shown on the o2 website wifi checker http://www.o2.co.uk/support/broadbandin ... sshotspots

Bt business broadband customers that show as openzone but are not included
Bt residential customers as above.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
To adamtemp64: yes, I've tried that URL but at the moment it only lists "The Cloud" hotspots in my area (central London, where I believe there are supposed to be some BT Openzone hotspots for O2 wi-fi). My experience is that Connection Manager lists a BT hotspot at such-and-such a location (public library) but I only get either the BTfon login page or Westminster City Council's public wi-fi page (subscribers only). Not very successful at all. Ever.
Message 3 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
http://www.westminster.gov.uk/services/ ... /ict/wifi/ says the wifi is free no login required
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same problem. Everytime I am connected to Btopenzone I can't get Internet access. Problem is BT that is most of the time limiting access to wifi users and failing is O2's that advertises free wifi but does not deal with BT's cheat.
One wonders where are advertising commission and other regulators that can put an stop to it
In response to one of mailers when we signed up with O2 we wern't told we can only connect to "certain" type of btopenzone
All we need is for fatcats that call themselves regulator move their butts
Message 5 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
nejadb
O2 always has had the directory of wifi spots included and it did state a number for openzone and cloud spots included not the many home/business bt broadband customers that also display as btopenzone but are not part of the true comercial openzone network. From the current iphone shop page at the bottom
Data & Wi-Fi
UK data usage only.See data allowances for your tariff
Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 7,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone. Excessive usage policy applies.

also from the support site
How can I find out where The Cloud or BT Openzone hotspots are?You'll be able to find your nearest The Cloud or BT Openzone hotspot by using our hotspot directory.
Hot Spot Locator
You can also access the hotspot directory on your iPhone. Go to Safari > Bookmarks > O2
locator link http://consumero2.directoryconnection.com/search.php
Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI regarding bt openzone have never had any problem connecting till I renewed my contract two weeks ago, since then have not been able to connect once, keeps coming up with btopenzone when it bothers connecting at all. Was able to always connect with no problem before renewing my contract has anybody else had this occur, o2 being their normal helpful self have offered no solutions.
Message 7 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
if you have changed handsets you need to do a mac reset send wifi to 2121 to do the cloud or fill in the form here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26
Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks had already tried 2121 with no success am going to give the reset a try using link, didnt know about it. Did upgrade my equipment so that may be reason, I am very lucky to be living next door to a council office that uses bt openzone so connection has never been any problem, though I see on the forum that most people seem to have problems with their connection to wifi. anyway many thanks will go to your link
Message 9 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
2121 only resets the cloud. let us know if you are ok after using the form.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 14