cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Marketing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just like to make a complaint about the o2 More text service.

I do not know when this service started, but over the last few months I have been receiving marketing offers regarding third parties.

I NEVER sign up to these when joining a company. I have been an o2 customer for over 15 years and have never received third party offers from you before.

I do not want to receive third party offers from you or any other company. Ever.

And yet, to stop this new, unwanted service, I have to send you a message that I have to pay for. When I checked my preferences for being contacted, o2 More was set to 'No' so I have no idea why I was even receiving these messages.

I suggest you rethink your inclusion policy for new services in the future, and the methods you suggest for opting out.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I quite agree with you as I find this very annoying but this is not o2 customer service so they won't see your post here. We are all customers like you.

if you would like to contact cs about this or make a complaint here are the links 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHelp),CASE=46943

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145080 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It is free to send the stop message but you can also change your preferences in your Myo2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Just click on the "More" tab then "Preferences".
Make sure you press save on the page afterwards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123375 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

more my o2.PNG

More tab highlighted ...it's a drop down box, click on. it...then follow @MI5's instructions wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you M15 for your assistance, I eventually found the contact preferences and said "no" to all marketing offers, clicked saved as you advised and guess what, "The Offers still keep coming". I'm not a big phone user so a basic Nokia is all I need to keep in contact with the family. Pay as you go suites my budget so can top up whenever so I don't need constantly reminded to "Top up before.............". If it keeps up, I will change provider.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 145080 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you M15 for your assistance........ I don't need constantly reminded to "Top up before.............

Those top up messages are from a different source to the marketing texts (which may take a while to stop anyway).

You need to call 4445 to stop the others.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marjo, thank you for the response.

You will see from previous contributions, that some folks are not to happy about being bombarded with 02 marketing messages. Thankfully, provision has been made for customers to state clearly their contact preferences; although it did take me some time to discover how to do that, (thank you M15) now I wait to see if the preferences I've declared will be honoured.

02 has provided me with a reliable platform to maintain contact with family members up and down the country, and at a price that suits my budget. To maintain that contact, I will ensure that my, "Pay as you go", balance will be maintained.

Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 145080 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Hi again @Anonymous

I'll just reference your previous post here so it makes sense to others in the future https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/o2-Marketing/m-p/1044556#M24740

It's good to hear that O2 is proving reliable for you and welcome to the community slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123375 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Just to say this is linked to your previous thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/o2-Marketing/m-p/1044556#M24740

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123375 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Snap..I have asked for a merge of threads..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12