cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Dongle & Draytek 2110

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning all, I purchased a PayG o2 dongle so that I could use it as a backup for when my internet goes down. Only problem is I can't get it working.

I have plugged the dongle into my laptop and I was able to get onto the o2 site, so that works fine. I purchased 24 hours bandwidth so I could try it out on the draytek.

So I plugged it in, enabled USB backup on the WAN settings and unplugged my main modem. Also put in the settings as follows:

PPP Client Mode: Enabled
APN: m-bb.o2.co.uk
Modem Dial String: *99#

Tried using my o2 user name and password and the one it indicates in the manual (o2bb). Also tried changing the dial string to ATDT*99# and ATCT*99# with no luck. I did manage yesterday to get a signal strength indicator to come up but that was all, which I can't get it to come back.

I have rebooted, enabled and disabled everything but all I get now is a message saying "Message ". Which makes no sense to me, since it's PPP not PPoE that it's using.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I can't see why you are trying to connect the dongle to a NAS router, I am fairly sure the usb port is only intended for storage purposes ie to connect a memory stick or external hard drive.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You got an Huawei or one of the new ZTE's? The ZTE MF100 does not appear to be supported by that router according to the documentation I've read.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a Huawei E160 I believe.

Cheers
Message 4 of 4