cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPod touch connecting to internet via 02 mobile dongle on la

Anonymous
Not applicable
1.I have an E160 02 mobile B/Band dongle which I connect via USB to laptop.
2.I then buy internet time from 02.
3.I have an iPod touch which I want to use to listen to internet radio stations via my 02 mobile dongle as described.
4.How do I configure the iPod touch to successfully connect to internet through the dongle. I set up an ad hoc connection on laptop but so far have failed to get iPod to connect to it.
5. When using laptop in such circumstances I am not within range of hotspots or BT open zones and suchlike.
6.All advice gratefully received.

sirrong.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't believe it is possible.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
1.I have an E160 02 mobile B/Band dongle which I connect via USB to laptop.
2.I then buy internet time from 02.
3.I have an iPod touch which I want to use to listen to internet radio stations via my 02 mobile dongle as described.
4.How do I configure the iPod touch to successfully connect to internet through the dongle. I set up an ad hoc connection on laptop but so far have failed to get iPod to connect to it.
5. When using laptop in such circumstances I am not within range of hotspots or BT open zones and suchlike.
6.All advice gratefully received.
sirrong.

Verify you have a connection with your broadband modem on the laptop. Then go to System Preferences, and choose Sharing, and then turn on internet sharing, choose 'Share your connection from HUAWEI Mobile' and then to 'Airport', press start, and then connect to that network. You can set up a password etc on the network using, but try it without first. Definitely works from laptop to laptop, and I don't see why it wouldn't work for an ipod touch.
Message 3 of 3