cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc one texting problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I've jus bought a HTC ONE which is great the problem I'm having is when I send s text message to s contact its sending the message to various contacts that o have text previously
I copied my contacts over from my iPhone I can't find s way to stop this happening and has caused a bit of an embarrasment too. I can select a contact and once the message is sent that's when I realise that it had been sent to multiple contacts.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems to be ok now still confusing thoughthanks for your help

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You must be adding multiple contacts or a group list maybe ?
Are you contacts syncd with Google? If so log into your gmail account online and check that the contacts are set up correctly with just one number per name etc
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm only using contacts from my sim. And do t use google or anything else.
It's when I go into text messaging I press + type in name of contact and once the message has been sent it shows up as sent to multiple different contacts. I did copy my messages over from itunes and it seems that previously when I have sent messages as a group on my iphone it is sending messages to those contacts. I have checked group settings but there are no groups showing so am a little confused
By the way thank you for replying
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Sounds really strange....
What happens if you select text message from the contact in the "People" app?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again
I've tried that and it's saying invalid contact no reason why though as evefythi g is correct.
If I do it through the text app even though I type in one contact its fine until message has been sent then you can see all other previous groups that were on iPhone it has been sent to themI'm goi g to delete all the contacts and reinstall them again from the iPhone back up to see if that clears it up can't really think of anything else
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
I think you'll have to. I would also sync my contacts with Google then check them then sync back to the phone. It has to be pulling in the group details from the iPhone somehow....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanks for your reply I've gone through all the texts that were as groups from the iPhone and deleted them all over 9k took some doing
The reinstall method didn't work
Seems ok now let's hope it works now seems ok at momentthank you for your reply
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Sounds like a big job 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems to be ok now still confusing thoughthanks for your help
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
No probs slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10