Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud oxygen, just discount, Galaner company

Golden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I found that I have been billed for unknown service am not aware of I used the 02 checker charger to look for oxygen8 contact number 0333 313 7900 , which I  called them on 02/04/20 and was told by oxygen8 they are not the one who made the payment request, oxygen8 said the payment request was directly from JUST DISCOUNT COMPANY and that I should call this number 01458553095 which  belong to a company called JUST DISCOUNT ,   I do not know this company and have never bought anything from them nor oxygen8.  I dont do mobile purchase.

So I called JUST DISCOUNT number 01458553095 and a lady pick up my call  and introduced her company name as GALANER instead of JUST DISCOUNT so I asked who are they ans she told me that they are apps and web builder from Cyprus.

I asked her what and why did you billed me for what item did I purchased from you? and she replied that someone will contact me in few days time , up till now no one has contact me.

I do not use mobile for payment or mobile purchase, never have ever purchased anything on my phone  make payment with my phone, never play games, dont do radio quiz or any mobile subscriptions. all my purchase is done on my PC with Papal payment or in person payment by card.

I have never been contacted by any so called Third party providers for  services  of any charges. I did not agreed to 02 third party and this is something that I strongly refuse not to accept in any mobile contract provider, the day I took new 02 contract for more data I strongly did not tick the box for third party because their product is of no use to me.

My phone call experience  with oxygen8 phone  made me realise that that I will not get my money back and o2 cant do anything.  I feel my problem has not been solved. this third party has taking  £17.95 and all 02 can do is to advice me to call same  number 0333 313 7900 oxygen8 to stop the charge but what about helping to block, stop this company from continuing doing such act on your customers..

I read online review about oxygen8 that oxygen8 are fraud company charging false premium calls and  text to customer not been aware of it or did not subscribe to their service, with mobile service providers such as 02 and EE etc. big scamers.

Now dont know how to get my money back for a service I did not use or request for, I work hard for my money and I watch every peny I spent and then someone is sitting behind their computter creating  false service charges just because they are brain digital genius so so sad and unhappy me.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Golden 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next and also check here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Golden 

I wouldn't go so far as to call Oxygen8 a fraudulent company. It is true that they work with some very dubious "partners" including Galaner. If you are having problems contacting the company you need to go back to Oxygen8. Insist that they stop the charges immediately. Ultimately they are the UK company that handled your payments. Tell them that if they don't help you recover your money you will be using the Small Claims procedure AGAINST THEM to obtian a refund of charges you believe to be fraudulent. 

You will get your money back, if you go about it correctly and perseve. It really shouldn't be this difficult, and for that you need to blame O2. However O2 are unlikely to help you, and even less likely to refund you.

Oxygen8 are what are called a Level1 provider. They are authorised to handle these payments by O2 and are expected to perform due diligence and risk assessment on the companies they allow to take money through their system. Unlike Galaner ltd, they are UK based and are subject to UK law. 

Information on how to enforce your rights through the Small Claims system are on the payforitsucks website linked in my signature.

Make sure that you get a "charge to mobile" bar on your account to protect yourself from this form of fraud in the future.

Report the fact that you have been charged without your consent to the Phone-paid Services Authority.

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue 

Payforit ceased to exist in December 2019, the name "Payforit" having become synonymous with "scam". Sadly, some of these scams seem to be continuing, but without the Payforit branding.

We at Payforitsucks will continue to battle thee scams and assist consumers in obtaining redress for the fraud which is facilitated by this iniquitous system.

Let us know, either by replying to this thread or via the Payforitsucks website if you need further help in recovering your money.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 3 of 3