cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edimax 3g-6200n router and Huawei e160?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just bought a new router to work with an e160. It asks for some settings to be entered. Have spoken to o2 tech and they suggested

PIN Code : (left blank)
APN : m-bb.o2.co.uk
User Name : o2bb
Password : password
AT Dial Script : *99#

It doesn't work. Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I found this in the Amazon reviews which may help:

I have very little network experience which was my downfall !!!!! Instead of reading the start of the instructions and,

1) upgrading the firmware,
2) insert the cd wizard and letting it do everything !!! .......

I instead started to interrogate and change network TCP/IP addresses and firewall settings, I altered wireless passwords, changed the carpet and wallpaper in my living room and ....finally I started all over again !!!!

Please, please believe me that once you have downloaded the latest firmware from the manufacturers website and saved it to desktop, you should connect the router to your computer using ethernet cable, access the router home page from internet explorer (by typing in the address bar 192.168.1.254) and then upgrade the firmware (select your downloaded file from your desktop).

Then,

Insert the set up disk, follow the on screen instructions, select your country and network provider (T-Mobile in my case) and wait for the disk to do its magic......it may take 2,3,4 or 5 minutes ..but it works !!!! slight_smile
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks perksie,
I had already done all that, but cheers anyway.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its working!

if anyone else has this problem, the settings i had entered were correct. I found another post which sugested putting the sim card from the dongle in an o2 phone andwaiting till it gets a 3G signal. Then switch off and put it back in the dongle.

No idea why this works but it does. grin
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

Thanks for posting that back. grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5