cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
my daughter was watching live tv, thinking it was not using her download allowance. it cost her £180.....
if she had been on pay and go her access would have been stopped. because she is pay monthly they just let her bill mount up.
customer service....ha!
i am seriously considering cancelling all my accounts with o2
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
she should get a sms on connection manager when she has 1 gig of usage left and then another when she's used her allowance.

also the first time you go over and get a high bill, o2 will wipe it for you (iirc)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the terms and conditions it advises you that you will be charged for going over your allowance.

You chose the Pay monthly one over the Pre Pay. If you didn't want to go over your allowance the pre pay one would have been better.

It's hardly O2's fault you over used your allowance. They provide the service and it's your responsibility to use it.

You don't hear about people buying fast cars then blaming audi because they get a speeding fine because it goes faster than 70mph?

Similar logic
Message 3 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
That's a new one, criticising a company for providing exactly what you have contracted them to do.

I feel your anger is pointed in the wrong direction. 😐

If you cancel all your O2 contracts you will still have to pay for them.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also streaming video is against the terms and conditions that you accept when installing and setting up the mobile broadband....
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also streaming video is against the terms and conditions that you accept when installing and setting up the mobile broadband....

Actually, if you read the original post, you will find his daughter was WATCHING tv, not streaming it. The terms say:
http://shop.o2.co.uk/services/o2mobilebroadbandterms
2 (b) You may not use your SIM Card:
to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing

That is a very different thing to watching it as an end user!

I'm also interested in ammar_a's signature. It says "on a wireless connection", but the ISP is BE Unlimited, which is a fixed connection (correct me if I'm wrong).
Message 6 of 16

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Either way she was streaming tv over an O2MBB connection, which is not allowed!

ammar_a is using a wireless router therefore a wireless connection, so am I, so do not understand your strange comment.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either way she was streaming tv over an O2MBB connection, which is not allowed!
Says who and since when? Where are the T&C that prohibit this?
ammar_a is using a wireless router therefore a wireless connection, so am I, so do not understand your strange comment.
Then why would you brag about it? I don't know anyone who doesn't use wireless - I thought he might have meant mobile broadband. That's like me saying "Now watching TV, in COLOUR!"
Message 8 of 16

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
From the O2 Mobile Broadband terms and conditions:

You may not use your SIM Card:

1. in, or connected to, any other device excluding modems/data cards;
2. to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
3. in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers or Cloud customers.

ammar_a is not bragging, it's just his choice of personal signature.

Now that is allowed and affects you in no way at all.

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
From the O2 Mobile Broadband terms and conditions:
You may not use your SIM Card:
1. in, or connected to, any other device excluding modems/data cards;
2. to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
3. in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers or Cloud customers..
Still confused - that's the same thing I posted to prove you are NOT disallowed from WATCHING (not serving, but watching) TV.

So, all those people with an iphone watching iplayer are breaking the T&C?
This is big news - the press are going to love this! slight_smile
Message 10 of 16