Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling the U.S. from the UK

CarlaR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I added the international bolt on to my o2 mobile account. But it is not letting me call any U.S. numbers!

Either the call is immediately disconnected  or I get a recorded message "we do not recognize that number".  I've tried it putting 001 in front of the number, 01 in front of the number, 0 in front of the number, 1 in front of the number, or just the number.  None of them work.

HELP, PLEASE!

Carla R

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@CarlaR 

It's 001 and you drop the first zero of the US number.

You can also use WhatsApp or Messenger to call if the other party also use the same app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@CarlaR 

It's 001 and you drop the first zero of the US number.

You can also use WhatsApp or Messenger to call if the other party also use the same app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@CarlaR 001 is the country code for the US but if it doesn't work try +1, then the ten digit phone number. The first three numbers are the area code. Make sure you have the correct one for where you're calling. No US numbers start with a zero.

Edit: If you and the person you're calling both have WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or Skype and you both use WiFi you can call for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3