Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live with o2 dongle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone please help me to figure this out
I've been trying to for about 5 hours now 😞
How do you get the internet from the dongle to also work through the ethernet cable thats connected to the xbox?
I've tried loads of things such as using my local area connection (were the ethernet cable is plugged in) but although it comes up on the xbox that the networks ok it won't connect to the internet and I can't bring up a web page or anything on the laptop while I'm using the local area connection
I'm using windows xp home edition and a mini laptop if that helps
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I tried that and it didn't work I can't remember, but if you think it would work could you explain it anyway?
I attached the ethernet cable into the the xbox then into the laptop and tried to make it work that way, will that not work?
Do you know the right way?
Thanks for your help slight_smile
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even if you got this working, as a gamer myself the dongle would be really awfull for most games on the ibox. The latency on the mobile network is too high even in really good coverage areas. I'm talking pings of over 500 to uk servers
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
i managed it with the cable that came supplied with my xbox (doesn't look like a crossover), couldn't activate ics with the o2 connection manager cos it kept shutting down the connection sharing, disconnected o2cm, closed it and used the default cellular profile to connect and voila, working right now, as for latency, i have no idea but since i've had up over 100KB/s i don't forsee a problem getting updates
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you not just go to network connections, select your cellular connection (mobile broadband) and local area connection (ethernet cable to xbox), then right click to bridge them?

or try here - http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/2008 ... dem/page-3
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please remember the Xbox takes us mass bandwith on call of duty etc,
you may experience limited speeds after your fair usage quota and you will lag
on xbox live enabled games.

Just a heads up if you wonder why your speed has slowed right down.
Message 6 of 6