cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is getting a refund from o2 so painful???

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like the title says...like an idiot, I ordered an Apple Watch from o2...I've already got two lines, but was asked to pay a £150 deposit...got the watch, didn't like it, returned it within 3 days.  That was back in FEBRUARY!

O2 acknowledged at the beginning of March they had the watch back, passed checks etc.  Since then it's been constant promises that I was getting a refund, emails confirming I'm getting a refund...and I've still not got a refund.  Yesterday I find out that the money has been credited to my o2 account, although I'd made it clear on countless occasions that I wanted it returned the way it was paid for...back onto my Visa Debit card.  So yet another long phone call, giving all the details yet bloody again...wake up this morning to an email from the 'Refund Team' asking for my card details and expiry date....information that o2 already bloody have!  Another long wait to get through to someone, supposedly get through to the 'Refund Team' where the person I'm speaking to obviously doesn't have a clue what they are doing, I ask to speak to a supervisor, of course there's not one available (never is)...the advisor I'm speaking to then admits she's filled the wrong form in, and then expects me to trust her to fill in the 'correct' one!

I'm never ordering a single thing from o2 again and when my contracts are both up, I'm leaving.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I will ask an O2 account advisor to look into this for you.

@O2Sarah- or @O2MichaelE can you please assist @empressmittens?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

O2MichaelE
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino slight_smile

@empressmittens I'll DM you for more details so I can look into this for you.

My working hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 - 17:00
If you message me outside of these times I will respond once I am available
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Jp09
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m experiencing the exact same issue, I’m being billed for a device and plan I never received. I have spoke to customer service advisors, live chat, so called managers who just read off a script, I have even requested call backs via o2 website which you book days in advance but never get a call back. O2 know their customer service is the worst in the business but they just don’t care. I’ve reported my issue to ofcom and ombudsmen. I made the mistake of thinking O2 had changed over the years so I came back but I regret it now. As soon as my contract is up I’m leaving as well.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Jp09 

I'll tag @O2Georgina to this post. Not sure if she will be able to help but worth a try?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff  I can have a look but it sounds like the customer may need to speak to customer services.

@Jp09  I will send you a message now

signature
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8