Did you mean: 

Upgrade Tariff and inflation hike

LukeMc1097
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Curious, I was looking to upgrade my phone and have been doing the usual research on the options available, have a good idea of what i want to get.

However, as we all know the price of contracts is going up 11% or so and I am unsure if the tariffs being shown currently would be subject to this. So if the tariff were say £100p/m (keeping it simple) as of right now, would i actually pay £111p/m after April? Seems wrong that they can advertise this price and then hike it by 11% in a couple of weeks

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@LukeMc1097 

Yes they can as its from April Bill date and says this on every page, for plans started before the 25th March

*Each year your Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 bill onwards. See o2.co.uk/prices.

Best thing to do is wait till Saturday as you wont pay the price increase

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@LukeMc1097 

Yes they can as its from April Bill date and says this on every page, for plans started before the 25th March

*Each year your Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 bill onwards. See o2.co.uk/prices.

Best thing to do is wait till Saturday as you wont pay the price increase

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2