Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwarranted travel charges

LucyH01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get some assistance for 4+ days through agents, twitter, facebook, even tiktok, no help or acknowledgement anywhere so wondering if anyone could advise me here. 

I was billed an additional £12 during my time in the Dominican Republic. This was for 2 x £6 charges relating to roaming. However, my mobile data AND roaming were both switched off (and it said the mobile data would not auto-connect so I know it was definitely switched off throughout). I had airplane mode on my phone when landing and ONLY used Wifi throughout my entire time abroad. I sent 0 texts and made 0 calls. I just used Wifi for my needs.

I received the first text from O2ROAMING 08/09 which said I was on O2 travel and that I would 'only be charged for the days' I used it and if I wanted to opt out to visit www.o2.co.uk/travel - I did not use it so should not have been charged. I also tried to go onto the link and opt out, but it had no option to on the site and advised me to go onto the app. I went onto the app, and it just said 'error-500' looks like you're lost. So I couldn't even opt out to ensure it didn't happen again! 

I really need this sorted before payment is taken 04/10. I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to get a response or to dispute the charge, or if they'd experienced this themselves.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@LucyH01 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

LucyH01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you slight_smile 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4