cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive text from o2 in Saudi Arabia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,I live and work in Saudi Arabia and for the last two weeks I have been unable to receive text from my mother who's on o2. I am on Saudi Telecom(STC) and according to them there is no fault at their end. And my mother has been told that they are leaving the o2 network so there is no problem there either. I can receive text from some of my friends who are on vodafone in the UK but all others who are on o2 I do not receive their text. Other friends out here that I have spoken to have now realised that they are having the same problem. So I am now stuck and do not know where else I can turn. STC no problem o2 no problem!!!!! So where does the problem lie? Its not my phone blocking them as I have said I can receive text from other networks in the UK. This is bound to be costing o2 a lot of money people are now stopping texting out here. Any suggestions as to how we can sort this out. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

This is something we're aware of and looking into this as we speak.

Thanks for your patience so far,

Becky

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86776 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5054 Solutions

It may be that O2 don't have a roaming agreement with STC.

From the international support pages : http://travelabroad.o2-uktech.com/location.php

Quote:

We have coverage in Saudi Arabia with the following network providers:

AL JAWAL
Mobily
Zain

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply's, I have been with STC for more than 10 years and untill the last couple of weeks have had no problem with receiving text from my mother who's on o2. As for o2 having a roaming agreement with Al Jawal, that is the mobile arm of Saudi Telecom(STC)

Hope it gets sorted soon, my poor mother is feeling neglected 🙂

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update you, last night I received text from my mum for the first time in over 3 weeks so someone has managed to fix this problem that we've been having. Thanks to whoever you are. My mum was just about to change to a different mobile provider so good timing in o2 to fix it. :-):-)

Message 5 of 5