cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off JavaScript injection on O2 mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Some of you may be aware that when using O2 mobile the web page is injected with JavaScript, which is designed to use up less bandwidth by compressing images and minimising source code etc.

It all sounds great but the rality is that the JavaScript is badly written, out of date and can render some websites unuseable.

Do any of you know if O2 allow you the option to turn this invasive feature off?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124158 Posts
  • 612 Topics
  • 20231 Solutions
Probably depends on what phone/browser you are using but on Samsung stock browser you can turn off Java Scripting in advanced settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 2 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it used to be able to change the apn password to bypass i believe to stop the compression but this not always works. search bypass in these forums some old helpfull posts may come up.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

Switching JavaScript off is not an option really. I'm actually using the mobile broadband on my laptop and want full access to browsers as they're meant to be viewed, without O2 software deciding what I want for me.

I searched the bypass option and it seems that the byspass was only available for pay monthly contracts (although not guaranteed to work).

I think if there's no solution to this I'll have to look for other mobile internet options as it's business critical for me to view webpages correctly (I'm a web developer)

Thanks again for the quick responses slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

We've had this problem for a while now and have come up with a good solution. 

You'll need access to your website route folder. 

Open up your .htaccess file and add the following line. 

Header set Cache-Control “no-transform”

In short this basically tells o2 to clear off slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86632 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5003 Solutions

This thread is over 2 years old but your answer may well help someone in the future ☺

Message 6 of 6