cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership - Personal to personal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evening all,

I scanned the boards (and the entire Internet) but could find any real clarifying answer to my query, so I am hoping people here might be able to help.

Basically, I am the guarantor for my son's contract, and have been for some time now. He's been paying for it from his own bank account for several years and I thought it time his payments actually contribute to his credit rating rather than mine.

I spoke with several O2 Gurus and they could not give me a straight answer as to whether the Transfer of Ownership ("TOO") form provided online allows for personal to personal, or whether a business account has to be involved somewhere along the line. Any help?

Short of getting a TOO, I see no reason why I cannot simply have the name and DOB on the contract in question, erm, corrected...?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you contacted 02 Customer Services on 202 to ask to have the account transferred into your sons name.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you contacted 02 Customer Services on 202 to ask to have the account transferred into your sons name.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet, I've only spoken with the Chat Gurus to date. I wanted to do it after he renews the contract, otherwise I suspect he'll be hit with deposit fee or something ridiculous like that.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Live Chat are available for Low Level general enquiries ,but I personally wouldn't advise contacting this service for Account Enquiries.
Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Who's name is the current contract assigned to? If it's not your son's, O2 may still want to run a credit check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract is in my name at the moment, as guarantor.

My son is quite happy for them to perform a credit check, but after the contract renews, so he already has the phone and won't have to pay a deposit. Then he'll have two years too improve (in O2's eyes) his credit rating before the contract renews again.
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

I think the only way for you to get this sorted out the way you want is to call Customer Services on 202. Technically, the contract is still in your name, even though your son is paying the bills. If you call CS, they will explain how you can transfer the contract over, or what you would need to do to get this done.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever resolve this transfer of ownership please.  I have exactly the same issue and am getting nowhere fast.  O2 only say I need to cancel contract which seems crazy if both parties agree to the transfer

Kate

@Anonymous wrote:

Evening all,

I scanned the boards (and the entire Internet) but could find any real clarifying answer to my query, so I am hoping people here might be able to help.

Basically, I am the guarantor for my son's contract, and have been for some time now. He's been paying for it from his own bank account for several years and I thought it time his payments actually contribute to his credit rating rather than mine.

I spoke with several O2 Gurus and they could not give me a straight answer as to whether the Transfer of Ownership ("TOO") form provided online allows for personal to personal, or whether a business account has to be involved somewhere along the line. Any help?

Short of getting a TOO, I see no reason why I cannot simply have the name and DOB on the contract in question, erm, corrected...?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
KWS, this is correct as it's the number that you're taking ownership of, not the contract. You can in the mean time put the bank details in your name until the contract is up though.
Message 9 of 9