Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages only arriving randomly

Hobbes1218
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks, I am getting old and only use my mobile to call for a taxi or to get security codes for work, banks etc. A couple of months ago I stopped getting text messages. I thought to try the O2 registration site https://accounts.o2.co.uk/register and put in my mobile number to see if I would receive a message from O2. I did and all the missing messages also arrived shortly after this (this was after several days with no messages).

I used this work around for a few weeks. Then I started to receive text messages again without having to do this. Now, since the weekend, I have the same problem and the work around only seems to work occasionally. I dread calling O2 so just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same problem or has any idea why this might happen?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Hobbes1218 

Check the help guide here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Hobbes1218
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I don't see anything to explain why I always receive messages from O2 but only randomly from any other source?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

Could be any number of reasons. 

Reliability of sms, network state, gateway congestion etc...

Work through the tips and see if anything helps, if not, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4