cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, can someone please tell me how to receive 20% off on my O2 Pay Monthly bill, as I am a student? I tried twice using the o2.co.uk/studentoffer method, but after a few days of texting 61202 I received a text from 80202 saying the code had been applied too many times over the last six months. I then contacted Live Chat where she insisted the website and the O2 Terms and Conditions were completely wrong and that I should text OPEN to 2020. However, some research has told me O2 Open will only offer me 15% off...

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chattymuch
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Have you used it on an o2 contract before this one your trying to add it on to? Or have you let a friend or family member use the code? Usually means you've used it on a contract before so wont let you use it again

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
See help here mate http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Chattymuch
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Have you used it on an o2 contract before this one your trying to add it on to? Or have you let a friend or family member use the code? Usually means you've used it on a contract before so wont let you use it again

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica"
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded just a few weeks ago, so I suppose technically I have started a new contract. I assumed the discount would be automatically applied to my upgrade, so I'm quite shocked that they won't even allow me to apply it. Is that in their terms and conditions?

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It isn't automatic and you do need to reapply each time you upgrade.
You also have to do it within 28 days and yes, all in the T&C's.

All the details are in the link I gave you above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I had originally assumed it was automatic, but I know now you have to manually reapply it, but they won't let me. The people I've spoken to on Live Chat all deny the existence of the discount, pointing me towards O2 Open (which only gives me 15% off). The last one I spoke to eventually acknowledged the discount but told me I had to go instore to get it. Is there somewhere I can complain of them giving me completely inaccurate information? I'm going to go instore and try and get one of them to apply it.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How long since you took the upgrade?
Complaint is on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Complain here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Apologies I was seaching for the link and didn't realise you had posted @MI5

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

20 days.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Great, so you can still claim it.
To claim your student discount text your NEW code to 61202 from any mobile.
You will receive a confirmation text back that says you will be notified when your request is processed.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15