cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Shropshire Mast Out

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mast that was out in South Shropshire is supposed to have been fixed today. Still no signal for me tho. Phoned helpline, only to be told it is running at reduced power and no idea if/when it will be back. How can I find out if it will ever be back to how it was before this outage. 1/4 of my monthly bill back as compensation doesn't really cover it, when I can't use my phone at home.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
They may well know they are working on it but but if the engineer needs to come back tomorrow to finish off or was unable to gain access for some reason the details may not get fed back. As explained many times, if the fault is showing on the status page it means it is been actioned. Actual timeframe for repair is never communicated as too many things can influence the repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
You won't find specific details from O2 - who told you it would be fixed today...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 updated the status page to say that it was being worked on today and the helpdesk said that it had been repaired when I phoned them this evening. It is an O2 transmitter providing an O2 signal, I would expect they would know the latest details about when their engineers would be working on the fault.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
They may well know they are working on it but but if the engineer needs to come back tomorrow to finish off or was unable to gain access for some reason the details may not get fed back. As explained many times, if the fault is showing on the status page it means it is been actioned. Actual timeframe for repair is never communicated as too many things can influence the repair.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4