Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone help

Carlsberg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This might be a long one so bare with me..

I took a new contract out with o2 in Feb and got the samsung 24 ultra, great phone but didn't realise after speaking to someone on the phone to apply my NHS discount that I'd taken out a 48 month contract (I'm blaming baby brain) and this new separate phone/airtime bill. I have been with EE for 20 years but the deal seemed better on o2. I got my PAC code from EE to keep my number.

Anyway I decided I didn't want to be stuck with the phone for 4 years so arranged for it to be sent back..firstly they were unable to complete my request on the phone so sent me to a shop even though this was an online transaction so that was a complete wasted journey.

Spoke to someone the next day and managed to arrange the jiffy bag to be sent to me. They put me on a 30 day rolling contract in the mean time at the cost of £20 which I didn't mind it meant I had time to find a new contract, only thing is the phone I ordered was an Esim with the new number so I didnt use it which meant I had no sim to put in my old phone, I was told to go to a shop to get a PAYG sim & get my number transferred over..so I paid £10 for the sim & was told in 24 hours my number would change and they will refund me the £10. Now not only has the sim not worked, its saying I have no airtime on there..yet I have paid £10!? It had been 30 hours and no change so I called them only to be told I won't get my number back until they receive the phone. (It has been sent back special delivery) Now I'm just confused why am I being told all different things, I just want my number that I'm also paying the 30 day contract for

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Carlsberg 

Sounds about right for O2 these days.

Unfortunately you will need to keep trying until you find someone with enough knowledge to help.

All ways to try here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Carlsberg 

What a great user-name !

To add to the guidance provided by @MI5, have you considered contacting O2 by social media ? The team involved are well thought of and, whilst you might need to send them a reminder or two, it is probably easier than hanging on the 'phone. 

You can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG.

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in the guide that @MI5 has already provided to you. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

and again........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4