Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap now can’t make or receive calls

Natalie13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sim swap now can’t make or receive calls. Swapped out the old sim with the new one and thought it was fine until I tried to make a call. Local network says everything’s fine and it’s only since I have done the sim swap

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144963 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@Natalie13 

Did you do this?

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Natalie13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called o2 and they sorted out the sim swap. The man at customer services explained what would happen to my old sim and that it would stop working today and to swap to my new sim, which I have done. Now I can’t make or receive any phone calls, including trying to contact o2 customer services again.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144963 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@Natalie13 

Try rebooting your phone.

If that doesn't work, you can use Skype to call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Natalie13
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rebooted still doesn’t work and don’t have Skype. Not happy with o2 as it is for being messed around god knows how many times let alone this.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144963 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

You can download Skype to whichever device you are posting on here.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions