Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal problems

TrishK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had great service with 02 until recently.  Since last week they've had problems with the mast and now saying I have no signal because too many people using the service. I'm in south Devon.  Anyone else having the same problem?  

thanks

patricia 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@TrishK wrote:

thanks, guess I'll have to get a landline for non social use or find another provider.

If you do switch provider, try getting a PAYG SIM from the ones you want to try before jumping to them from O2.  

Regarding land line, if you have a good Internet connection to your house, you can look into WiFi Calling for your handset, if it supports it: https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Good luck, @TrishK.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

O2 is seriously oversubscribed. If a mast goes out it is like a lane closure on an already crowded motorway.

Seems to be coming more of a regular thing lately.

Don't know if anything here helps

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

TrishK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, guess I'll have to get a landline for non social use or find another provider.

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@TrishK wrote:

If you do switch provider, try getting a PAYG SIM from the ones you want to try before jumping to them from O2.  

Regarding land line, if you have a good Internet connection to your house, you can look into WiFi Calling for your handset, if it supports it: https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Good luck, @TrishK.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@TrishK 

If looking for a traditional landline, you are better looking at what is known as a VOIP Provider, and the likes of Vonage or AAISP. 

Just to note as well, o2 is not alone in some areas of having capacity issues, having talked to Voda, EE and Three, in some areas of the country they are all suffering in some more than others, and there are innovative solutions coming to some area's from all the networks. 

The biggest problem seems to be what is known as Backhaul provision, and also getting hold of infrastructure to replace or build out new masts.. as they are in very short supply...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5