cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously fed up with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent all day Saturday trying to phone (via 202 on my O2 mobile), after being on hold for 40 minutes the call was dropped. Same thing happened today (Monday) but the call was dropped after 6 minutes.

I bought an LG Spirit phone on Saturday, no wall plug for charging. Went back to the O2 shop today, to be told LG don't supply the plugs and instead O2 sell them. LG claim they do supply them.

Okay, so who is LYING to me???

No email address to contact o2 on the web site, "Live Chat" busy all day Saturday and again today (Monday). This is customer service at its worse.

Anyone got a recommendation for a mobile phone network where they value their customers? I know Vodaphone are even worse, so forget them.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 no longer supply wall chargers for new phones, only the USB lead.

Their argument being the green economy and people always have spare wall chargers lying around.

If you feel strongly about their policy then cancel the contract and check out other sources such as CPW and other independents.

Message 2 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I knew this new 'rule' would start causing problems. Even worse is people will be tempted to buy the cheapest charger...(and you all know how I feel about that)  Evil #outraged

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 29

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's O2 policy but they should offer you a charger if you request one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 29

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
It's o2 policy, in fact it's policy at a few places now.

As above if you feel that strongly about it you can cancel as you're in the cooling off period.

Personally I'm not fussed as I've got lots of genuine plugs, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
Message 6 of 29

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You will be green....

http://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services

Obviously, if they are taking chargers from the box it begs the question, just what do they do with them? Sell them possibly and landfill the literally hundreds they must have collected over the last couple of years....

Call them and tell them you want one!

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

With over a million people unemployed in this country why not employ a few of them to answer the phone!!!

Over 30 mins on Saturday and 20 mins today on hold listening to rubbish music my teenage kids would probably like without once having my call answered!!

When I call " Custoner Service" it is because I would like to talk to a fellow human being, not robots or hold music!

Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only agree, today was the most appalling customer service I have ever had. If they are so busy that customers must wait in excess of 30 minutes then either they have such poor service they should be out of business or they are cutting costs so much they have insufficient agents on.

Either way I simply cannot believe they are trying to keep their existing customers, my contract ends in November, after 6 years I have had enough. Loyaly  from customers does not pay.

Bye bye O2

Message 9 of 29

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The problem is that for everyone who leaves because of the present problems, there are two joining the network....

Message 10 of 29