Did you mean: 

Scam live chat

Mk24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there

Has anyone come across being scammed on the O2 live chat?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mk24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All

I spoke with O2 today and the live chat was legitimate, but they apparently did ask me some unnecessary questions.  Managed to upgrade on an even better deal! I guess its hard to know at times with so many scams about, but i just had to go with my gut just in case, as i do know lots of people have been having phone contracts being opened on their names.  Thanks all for your help

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23388 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

That's a new one, @Mk24. What occurred to make you think it was a scam?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10412 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3053 Solutions

@Mk24 

Very difficult unless you have gone to a fake o2 website, and would be a new one...

Can you provide more details at all??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

Mk24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

I was trying to upgrade through the live chat  I went through the security then was asked for the one time pass code. Then apparently my address needed to be updated. Then I received   a text to say my number had changed on the account. When I asked during the chat about this they said it was just a glitch on the system as they had updated my address. I ended up ending the chat as it felt odd. Will try to call them tomorrow and see.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23388 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

@Mk24 If it was you who initiated the chat it's highly unlikely that it's a scam. Were you able to keep a transcript of the chat? If you didn't feel comfortable, then you did the right thing. Call customer service tomorrow, or you can contact O2 via social media: 

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

adec
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 129 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

If you initiated the chat on an o2.co.uk website.. then highly unlikely - not impossible - but highly unlikely it was a scam ... you were chatting with a person so the transcript you mentioned sounds feasable.. as you felt unsure tho.. good move ending the chat, and yes call them tomorrow... 

I don't think you have anything to be worried about tho.. 

Crown Communication - an O2 Select Partner
Message 6 of 7

Mk24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All

I spoke with O2 today and the live chat was legitimate, but they apparently did ask me some unnecessary questions.  Managed to upgrade on an even better deal! I guess its hard to know at times with so many scams about, but i just had to go with my gut just in case, as i do know lots of people have been having phone contracts being opened on their names.  Thanks all for your help

Message 7 of 7