Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Call

Danny4929
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just had a call from after entering my contact details online, saying they were from O2, so I went ahead with the call to get an iPhone 13 Pro Max with unlimited everything, for just £30 a month, which I think is real cheap. Anyways I gave them all my bank details cause I wasn’t fishy about it at first, I got an active card check but it says Telefonica (instead of O2).. so I’m just really on edge now, is Telefonica a scam? The man was talking very fast and wasn’t very formal/professional. I’m worried that it may be a scam? Im also worried that they may take my mobile number and transfer it to another sim/phone or something? I’m currently with Vodafone which I’m happy with. I did receive an email from them confirming my new O2 account, but the email was (o2shop@o2mail.co.uk). Does anyone have any information or knowledge on this please? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@Danny4929 

Telefonica is o2 (it is the parent company and the Enterprise part of o2 ) and the payment will either show as Telefonica or o2. 

If in doubt call the sales team on 0800 081 0255

O2mail is a legitimate email domain and o2shop@o2mail.co.uk is a legitimate email address

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2