Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAC number issues

sarkanrico
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having a terrible time using my STAC number with O2. When I speak to anyone they dont seem to be able to understand what I am asking for from them. When I eventually speak to someone who sounds like they do and they state they have used my STAC code and my old number should be cancelled, it doesnt work and I am back to square one. I am an old Three customer. I had the contract for my son and he is now able to sort his own and has left three. His new provider is O2 and after asking 3 and telling them I had issues giving my STAC to O2 they advised to get a PAYG sim and enter it onto that. Easier said than done. I have again contacted O2 to give the STAC code and yet again after being passed from here to there I am still connected to the old Three Account. what else can I do? Why is it so difficult to cancel my old contract?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@sarkanrico 

To keep his number you need a PAC from Three Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

sarkanrico
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

He doesn't need his old number so its the STAC but I've given it 3 times now to people I've spoken with and its obviously not working for some reason yet no one can tell me. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@sarkanrico 

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

sarkanrico
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have sent a message on Facebook. Thank you.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get this sorted @sarkanrico?

Message 7 of 8

Sarkanric
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not yet, have spoken to O2 on Facebook but it takes a couple of days for them to reply to the answers I give to their questions. Have got someone on the O2 chat that says they've pit it through again so will have to wait till later to see. Nightmare as 3 have taken another month off my account today.

Message 8 of 8