Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RogerVoice

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I cant see how RogerVoice app, fits in with my02. Its an app for hhard of hearing or deaf people. The Callers voice is changed to text !

Ive tried the free app between users. But not many friends want to sign up for the app.

I believe its 5.99 a month if I sign for the subscription 

Any one else used this ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36023 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Seems not, @Jenny105, based in your earlier query:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Accessibility/message-id/2465/prin...

I'll tag in @Martin-O2 and @Chris_K  this time for you, maybe one can point you in the right direction.

Message 2 of 5

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks , Appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry, I'm not really sure what the question is, but from what I understand, Rogervoice effectively replaces your default phone app, so I don't imagine there will be any issues with it working via our network - but this is the first I've heard of the app personally so I can't say 100% for sure I'm afraid.

Looking at their pricing model, the free version allows unlimited app to app calls, but if you want to be able to phone friends directly on their mobile number without them having the app, then this looks like it'll only be possible with one of their subscriptions:
- $5.99/mo - Provides 1 hour of mobile & landline calls

- $29.99/mo - Provides unlimited mobile & landline calls

So you're not actually paying for your calls as all that's provided by us on whatever tariff/plan you currently have, but the majority of our plans these days all have unlimited minutes. The cost from Rogervoice is essentially for them to give you live captioning on your calls.

Apple themselves do provide accessibility features, and features specifically for users who have hearing difficulties, but it doesn't look like they currently provide an alternative to what the Rogervoice app does. More info on Apple's hard of hearing accessibility features here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 5

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for replying.  It is getting more and more difficult to use a phone even on hands free landline . Mobile Ive given up on.   Rogervoice  might give me chance.      I tried NGTS / lite but couldn't work out how to set it up.

Message 5 of 5