Did you mean: 

Refusing delivery

Ally3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I refused a delivery today as I'd like it to go back to o2 and I can get a refund. It was an apple pencil that I didn't want anymore. The courier was DHL. After I refused delivery, I received this message,

"Looks like our driver tried to deliver your O2 parcel today but it wasn't accepted. Please follow https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to rearrange."

Do I have to contact o2 to tell them I refused delivery or will it automatically get sent back and I'll get my refund? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Ally3 

It will make its way back to o2 very slowly, as you are reliant now on DHL's return to sender process, which can take time. 

But once its been received by o2 then your refund will be processed, usually takes 7 to 14 days. 

You are always better in taking the delivery, and then arranging to send it back, as its a lot quicker than the way you have done it . 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Ally3 

It will make its way back to o2 very slowly, as you are reliant now on DHL's return to sender process, which can take time. 

But once its been received by o2 then your refund will be processed, usually takes 7 to 14 days. 

You are always better in taking the delivery, and then arranging to send it back, as its a lot quicker than the way you have done it . 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Ally3
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, thank you! In hindsight, yes I should've taken it in and then returned it. 

So, just to be clear, I don't have to do anything from now?

It'll automatically be sent back to o2?

Sorry, the messages from DHL saying to re-arrange delivery have confused me. I'm autistic so I struggle a lot with these things haha 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Ally3 

It could take weeks before O2 receive it back.

I'd rearrange delivery with DHL then return it myself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4