Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh plan - recycle?

Glightning
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In reading through community help i beleive being 12 month into a 36 month refresh i do not qualify to trade in, in these circumstances can i recycle the device to pay the device plan, keep the airtime plan? Iphone 12 128gb

cant afford to pay the full amount but if recycled afford to add amount to clear device plan?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36227 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You will need to pay off the device plan fully, @Glightning - your chances of getting enough to cover that expense, if the phone is still functional and undamaged, would be through resale - CEX is one option. O2 Recycle has been known to pay less than initially offered once they have the phone in their possession, leaving you out of pocket. You may make marginally more than, say, CEX, offer by selling it privately.

Remember you will still have an active airtime plan, which you may be able to reduce if you decide to keep your O2 SIM for another phone.

Good luck, @Glightning.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36227 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You will need to pay off the device plan fully, @Glightning - your chances of getting enough to cover that expense, if the phone is still functional and undamaged, would be through resale - CEX is one option. O2 Recycle has been known to pay less than initially offered once they have the phone in their possession, leaving you out of pocket. You may make marginally more than, say, CEX, offer by selling it privately.

Remember you will still have an active airtime plan, which you may be able to reduce if you decide to keep your O2 SIM for another phone.

Good luck, @Glightning.

Message 2 of 2