cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recyle Order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Can anyone help me please? I have received the packaging and order number to recycle my old handset but, I have found a much better price than the one O2 will offer me and they don't price match the other company.  My question is am I legally bound to send my handset to O2 and accept their price once I have an order number or, can I just let the order run out in 14 days and go with the other offer? Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The guys are right - there is no contract in place. You are under no obligation to sell your handset - basically all you've done is make an enquiry and receive an offer, you do not have to accept the offer.

Ignore it and sell elsewhere slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just ignore it and go elsewhere....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure MI5 because I don't want to get a bill for anything. In other words when it says contract in the t&c's it worries me...lol
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No you can ignore it you don't have to sell it to them don't worry about any charges there wont be any

Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no contract until they receive the phone, make you an offer and you accept it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The guys are right - there is no contract in place. You are under no obligation to sell your handset - basically all you've done is make an enquiry and receive an offer, you do not have to accept the offer.

Ignore it and sell elsewhere slight_smile

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your help
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated. x

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome and welcome to the forum by the way

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats very kind of you. I will definately use this again. Your responses were so quick. I am a bit of a scaredycat and very suspicious when it comes to "contracts" and then I panic.
Message 10 of 17