cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving other people's texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I am supposedly sending texts from my number to family contact containing messages that I know for a certain fact, that I NEVER wrote. (Read: massively disjointed conversations about topics that I've never covered)

where should I direct my comments further?

As this is clearly an account issue and data privacy is at risk.
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since taking my SIM out and putting it back in again, I've received no further mentions of any odd texts eminating from my phone.

I've been careful to keep an eye on the matter since in case of repeat performances, but since none have been present since my last post, I would likely consider the issue resolved. A minor bug in the system as it were.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You would have to contact CS for account issues, but are they possibly texts you may have sent in the past, or even parts of texts?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks

If they were old texts they would be nearly 3 years old, but I highly doubt they are, as I've never to my knowledge sent a text with the odd message in it.

I'll contact them in the morning then as it is probably past their opening time now.
Message 3 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you find out the answer would you come back and let us know? Really weird one and would be great to know what caused this?:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just out of interest, what phone do you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff, sure thing, in always up to share things that may help.

@MI5, iPhone 5s (iOS 9)

incidentally the reason I know I never sent these is I rarely text at all. That's why I'm so concerned about this.
Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks.
Has this only happened since updating to iOS9 ?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no definite answer either way on that.

However Id be inclined to say no as if it was software related it would have sent to more contacts as well. Also if I've never typed the message out before, how would it be able to generate such a message in the os?
Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They won't be generated by the os. The only way it could happen is if for some reason old messages were being pulled in from O2's sms server. That's why I asked if they were old ones that you had sent previously.
Of course the other possible scenario is some cross over of Apple ID's somewhere....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What, like the apple server getting screwed up and sending texts to wrong recipients?
That is a big problem if not isolated.
Message 10 of 31