Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Calls

MAJDoc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I keep getting calls from unknown numbers saying that I have rung them how can I stop this happening?? I have tried a reset of the phone, deleted recently installed apps and cleared search history

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MAJDoc 

Nothing you can do to stop it as it's spammers that have spoofed your number.

Fortunately they will be spoofing a different number tomorrow so it will stop by itself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MAJDoc 

Nothing you can do to stop it as it's spammers that have spoofed your number.

Fortunately they will be spoofing a different number tomorrow so it will stop by itself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 340 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

This was happening on my home phone. Nothing you can do. It will stop though. I had it happening for a week and then it stopped. No more calls saying I had rung them. 

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 3 of 5

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 340 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@MAJDoc went through the list of numbers that had called saying they had a missed call from me.

All of the telephone numbers are mobiles and all start 0772.... 

Some sort of scam there....though I haven't the foggiest what...

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 4 of 5

BossPlayer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this same issue, I was getting calls after calls from people saying that I called them when I hadnt called them.  To make matters worse the O2 technical support i was on the phone with,  barred my phone number and that ended up rendering me out of service. I have no idea why he would do that without my consent.

Anyway when that happened, I drove to an O2 shop and they were not helpful. The staff at the shop made an excuse that his system was a new system and my data was not available which sounded like bs.  I must say am really disappointed with the O2 customer service in middleton, manchester they did not help to unbar my network and bring me back the network signal. 

I just reactivated the e-sim about 24 hours later and the number of unknown callers have reduced. I still get the odd calls here and there.  

Just researching this seems like a known issue called spoofing.  O2 should have a way to resolve this issue.  it is a very uncomfortable feeling and they should train o2 tech support, on how to solve the problem or advise their customers accordingly especially for customers who dont want to change their number.  what would have been idle is to purge the log queue of incoming calls.

Message 5 of 5