cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about mast sharing, and a question about bill credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Vodafone are bringing 4G coverage to my area in the next few months. After talking to an O2 advisor online about poor signal, I was told that with the mast sharing deal, I will be getting 4G on O2 around the same time as Vodafone bring it. However, I have just spoken to an advisor about a separate issue (which I'm getting to =] ) and he said that the mast sharing deal wont mean I get 4G when vodafone bring it, which contradicts what I was told. Does anyone know anything about it all? I know everyone on here is a customer and not an O2 rep, but hopefully someone can shed some light on it?

Also, I sold an iPad mini to O2 via O2 recycle, and chose bill credit. The credit has (finally) been applied, but I was told to cancel my D/D otherwise it would never be used to pay my contract. This seems like a fairly stupid way to go about it. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Mast sharing doesn't mean equipment sharing so you are unlikely to get 4G until O2 upgrade their equipment.

No need to cancel direct debit as it won't take whilst your account is in credit.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

They use the same masts but each network has its own equipment on it.

http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2012/11/20/better-coverage-fewer-masts-your-complete-guide-to-our-network...

It's not wise to cancel a direct debit at all !

I'd speak to customer service and see if they can ensure that credit gets used to pay your bill.
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Mast sharing doesn't mean equipment sharing so you are unlikely to get 4G until O2 upgrade their equipment.

No need to cancel direct debit as it won't take whilst your account is in credit.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 145060 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
The cornerstone project just means that both O2 and voda have their equipment at one site - They do not share equipment so it will not necessarily mean O2 to deliver 4g at the same time as voda, but they might.
Regarding your bill credit - any credit on your account will be used to pay bills before taking the DD so there is no need to cancel the DD at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a shame about the 4G, but hopefully O2 will want to compete with Vodafone when they bring it, and EE who have just activated it.
As for the credit issue, I assumed it would be used to pay my bill until it runs out, but was told I have to cancel my D/D to make O2 use my credit. I was told that I would get a message when I needed to set my D/D up again, so I guess I'll wait and see. Either way, it's cancelled and I have around 4 months worth of my contract in credit
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 145060 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
As for the credit issue, I assumed it would be used to pay my bill until it runs out, but was told I have to cancel my D/D to makeO2 use my credit. I was told that I would get a message when I needed to set my D/D up again, so I guess I'll wait and see. Either way, it's cancelled and I have around 4 months worth of my contract in credit

That is completely wrong advice. Keep an eye on your account so as not to miss any payments or else you will get cut off and a default placed on your credit file - O2 are pretty ruthless like that with non payment of bills 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The payment will continue to come from your credit until it's used up and the direct debit will then kick in automatically. You need to do nothing at all with the direct debit and no need to call customer service at all.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 145060 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The payment will continue to come from your credit until it's used up and the direct debit will then kick in automatically. You need to do nothing at all with the direct debit and no need to call customer service at all.

jonsie - I'm reading it that joel has cancelled the DD so it won't automatically kick back in now....?
Or am I reading it wrong?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I didn't realise until rereading that he had cancelled the direct debit so yes, he needs to make sure it's reinstated before the credit is fully used up.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the responses. Yes I have cancelled it already as instructed by an O2 rep. it seemed stupid to me but he insisted that I had to do it so I just did it. I'll be sure to keep track of how much credit I have and then can ensure I set up the direct debit when my credit has gone.
Message 10 of 13