Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Messages from 88101

Jemmaosy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been charged in excess of £261 since Oct 2019 to date for premium messages from the code above each month, with the costs varying between £8.75 to up to £15 dependent on the number of 'messages' received at £1.25 each message.  I only recently fully recognised this and called O2 who have tried to bar the number etc and have given me a contact number for the company (Opera??) to get the £ back. The number the gave was 03333137900. I have called several times and left messages, no one answers. Its a total joke.

I have never actually received a message at the times the fees are saying and I have not knowingly signed up to anything.

How can O2 allow this to happen and then not help get the £ back? It seems so wrong.  Has anyone else had this problem? What have you done?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Hi @Jemmaosy1 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

You should be able to get your money back 

There are others that have suffered scams like this.

Perseverance and you can get your money back read through the guide payforitsucks which is linked there is extremely good..

Good luck

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Hi @Jemmaosy1 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

You should be able to get your money back 

There are others that have suffered scams like this.

Perseverance and you can get your money back read through the guide payforitsucks which is linked there is extremely good..

Good luck

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jemmaosy1 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

and an excellent independent website here to help you get your money back https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Guide here to prevent further occurrences Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3