Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preloaded 120gb data only sim

Barnie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m slightly confused as to what you get with the O2 120gb preloaded data sim? It says it lasts 12 months from activation and has 120gb data preloaded and costs £50

That seems like a good deal and much cheaper than even 24 month contracts for data only sims, so I’m questioning what you actually get here? Is £50 all you pay, or is there some hidden cost I’m missing? Do you get 120gb data that lasts until data runs out or 12 months pass from activation?

IMG_4167.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Barnie 

You get the data until used or for 12 months.

If you use it all in 6 months you'll need to top up again to keep using data.

If you don't use it all in 12 months you'll lose what's left and have to top up again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Barnie
  • 24 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thank you for explanation. So I won’t have to pay anymore than the one off £50 payment for 120gb and it will last 12 months.

This will be ideal for an LTE security camera if that is the case?

O2 only give me 5gb per month for £16 per month on a rolling monthly contract! That equates to 60gb over 12 months for £192 😳

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Barnie wrote:

@MI5 

Thank you for explanation. So I won’t have to pay anymore than the one off £50 payment for 120gb and it will last 12 months.

Correct @Barnie 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Barnie
  • 24 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

I cancelled the 5gb £16 per month rolling contract today. It took me half a day on 202 to achieve cancelling a contract I only took out yesterday!

I then added the 120gb preloaded sim to my basket, checkout with Apple pay and O2 refused my payment because my email address is already registered with them!

I added the 120gb preloaded sim to my basket again, checkout with PayPal, O2 refuse again because my PayPal email is the same as my O2 account email.

So O2 won’t take my £50 and won’t let me buy the 120gb preloaded sim on their website!

I can buy the 120gb preloaded sim for £50 on Amazon or eBay, but not from O2, so I’ve given up and am going to cancel my account with O2 once my phone contract ends…

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Barnie 

Sounds typical these days unfortunately mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Barnie
  • 24 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

It’s as if O2 want rid of all their customers. I just checked my sim only contract for my phone and it’s been over 12 months so I am going to cancel that now. 
O2 have ruined my bank holiday and due to their incompetence have cost other companies lost sales, because I’m now sending back the LTE camera because after 11 days of trying to get a sim for it I failed. 

Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Barnie 

To be fair all the main networks want rid of the loss making PAYG services, and I can see o2 moving everyone to GiffGaff,  Three to Smarty, Vodafone to Voxi, and EE to god knows where... 

If you really wanted that sim, what not buy it from Amazon, it would be delivered tomorrow, or be logged into myo2 as you did the purchase direct..

Full details on how to cancel your PAYM account are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

Barnie
  • 24 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

The Amazon sim and eBay sim are from the same seller, it’s not from Amazon direct it’s a third party seller and delivery date is Friday.

When logged in to MyO2 it lets me add to basket but as soon as I checkout it either refuses payment or tells me my cart is empty.

I already cancelled the pay monthly contract today.

I can buy a 12 month contract with 12gb per month and unlimited calls & texts from Tesco and monthly payment frozen, for nearly half price of anything O2 have offered me either online or on the phone when cancelling with them.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Good option @Barnie 👍

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10