cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin code to unlock phone doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my mother wants to use the samsung galaxy s3 that my dad got through his o2 contract, since he is happy with his iphone 3gs. However she doesnt use an o2 sim card so its locked. i filled in the unlock form on the o2 website and recieved the 8 diget code 2-3 days later, but to no avail. By the way i also used the s3 for 12 months before her with my o2 pay and go sim, so thats not an issue. im quite confused as to why the pin didnt work, any suggestions? 😃

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I can't help feeling that something has been lost in your correspondence with O2 and their understanding of your request? A PUK unblocking code is 8 digits long so maybe a phone call to customer service to find out exactly what has gone wrong is your best option here.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have you inserted a non o2 uk sim card and then tried the code ?

If no joy then re fill out the form again and or ring Customer Service.

The contact numbers are found in the Contact Us Tab at the bottom of the forum page.

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
It's usually a 16 digit code....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. yup, it was a none o2 sim. i'll fill the form in again and see how it goes.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

recieved the pin but it didnt work again. pretty sure it was the same one again but i didint check, so i just ordered her an o2 sim instead.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was the unlock code as MI5 says ie 16 digits long ?

I submit one way round this is to become an O2 Customer as long as signal is good if your Mum lives elsewhere, although if you wanted it unlocking this should be pretty much straight forward !

Take care.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i couldnt see a 16 digit pin anywhere in the email i recieved. Only the IMEI number and the 8 digit pin. It even says in the email that i need to enter the 8 digit pin to unlock, so i guess they changed it recently, but no worries 😃

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly things do change yes.

It may be worth ringing cs to identify the issue.

202 contract.
4445 payg
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I can't help feeling that something has been lost in your correspondence with O2 and their understanding of your request? A PUK unblocking code is 8 digits long so maybe a phone call to customer service to find out exactly what has gone wrong is your best option here.

Message 10 of 11